by Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
Why not try this fantastic pumpkin curry which makes 8 portions
4 tbsp of rapeseed oil or olive oil
800g deseeded pumpkin cut into small cubes
800 g coconut milk
1 large onion chopped
4 fresh green chilli’s (finely chopped)
2 cloves of garlic crushed
20 fresh curry leaves
2 tsp turmeric
A handful of pumpkin or sunflower seeds
A handful of fresh coriander
Pinch of seasoning
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and stir in the crushed garlic, onion and fresh chilli’s and cook gently for a couple of minutes. Add the curry leaves and turmeric and cook for a minute.
- Add the passata and stir well. Cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Tip in the pumpkin (add a little seasoning if you wish) and pour in 300ml of boiling water.
- Give it all a good stir whilst bringing the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir in the pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Allow to cook for a further 10 minutes until the curry begins to boil. Chop in some of the fresh coriander and stir.
- Serve with rice of your choice and garnish with the remainder of the coriander.